Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Meribel, France

The crew Jo, Guillaume, & Anthony on the top of Aiguille De Péclet, 3,502 M

When I arrived in Meribel, France I knew it was a skiers dream.  I came to the French Alps on a photographic skiing mission and when I first saw the size Trois Vallées I was amazed. With 183 lifts and 600 kilometers of skiable terrain, It really was the mecca of all ski resorts.


I came to Meribel, to meet my good friend Jo Maubet who works as a professional ski instructor also know as the ESF (École Du Ski Français).  Jo lives in a chalet right under the gondola in Meribel which he shares with some other local shredders, Guillaume, Anthony, and Thomas.


The first two weeks were glorious as we received about a meter of powder snow.  Europe is having an awesome snow season this year and I was glad to catch in on it.  There is nothing quite like storm skiing in Europe as it never gets tracked out.  


I will let the pictures speak for themselves.  Here is my first photographic journey to the French Alp: