Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Oregon's Epics









Oregon is by far one of the most amazing states for landscape photography. I am constantly finding new amazing waterfalls, sunsets and mountains to shoot in Oregon. Sometimes life becomes so routine that we forget the beauty of our immediate surroundings. As an avid traveler I meet people that get so caught up in life's routine that they might have a gorgeous waterfall 15 minutes away that they have never been to. I am reminded of a time after I returned from New Zealand, when I visited Toketee falls for the first time. Here was this place an hour and a half from my home in Ashland that rivaled the incredible beauty of New Zealand, and I didn't even know about it for 3 years. On the spot I had the realization that natures beauty is everywhere and with a little bit of effort and research you can have amazing experiences right in your backyard.
Since that moment at Toketee, I never forget to get out as often as life allows to experience the wonders of Oregon. I am always searching for new little spots where you can enjoy the little things that make life so special. It is a time where the worries of society can be drift away like the refreshing mist of a waterfall. For all of you out there that enjoy this, I challenge you get out and enjoy these little moments of Oregon's Beauty.
In tribute to Oregon's beauty I have created this gallery of some of my favorite spots in Oregon. If any of you wish to go to a spot feel free to contact me and I will happily give you directions as long as you respect the area and pack out what you pack in. If any of you know of a cool area feel free to share it as I would love to visit it. Thank you for all you beauty Oregon!!!!